Aging, Stages of Human Development and Spirituality
We naturally recognize youth and adolescence as special periods of our lives, each with unique challenges, responsibilities and opportunities. Whether we consider the second half of life or the last third, there are further unique challenge for each of us. Aging presents ambiguities and tensions: between fruition and decline; between satisfactions and losses; between failures, regrets, “could have been”s, and unlived dreams…and the glorious fulfillment of the Promises of God in Christ Jesus (Revelation 21-22). We undoubtedly have a unique message and a unique hope to live and to share. To care for the aging means we each must also care for the unique old man or woman slowing awakening within us. In this course, we look together at the unique privileges, challenges, and opportunities both for our own growth and for ministry, as we explore the spiritual and personal challenges of the human aging process.
“The righteous … flourish in the courts of our God.
They still bear fruit in old age;
they are ever full of sap and green,
to declare that the LORD is upright”
Dr. Tom McCormick
This course is the fourth course out of 8 courses with the option to obtain a Certificate in MINISTRY FOR THE AGING
Audit – There will be a $75 fee for auditing the module.
Certificate Level – There will be a $100 fee for each module.
Bachelors Level – There will be a $125 fee for each module.
Masters Level – There will be a $150 fee for each module.
There will an additional cost for the purchase of required reading material.
The cost will include a light lunch on the day of the conference.
1. Biblical Foundations of Ministries with the Aging (April 2017).
2. Principles and Practices of Spiritual Care for Seniors I (Sept. 2017).
3. Joy in Aging (Dec. 2017).
4. Reaching out: The Church and the Community; Families and Caregivers for Seniors (March 2018).
5. Aging, Stages of Human Development, and Spirituality (Sept. 2018).
6. Reaching out: Institutional settings; Families and Caregivers for Seniors (Dec, 2018).
7. Principles and Practices of Spiritual Care for Seniors II (March 2019).
8. Cultural, Gender, and Religious Diversity; Global Aging (Sept. 2019).
Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to register
or fill out the form on the “contact us” page
scroll down for a map to Bethel church 11251 Bayview Avenue Richmond Hill, ON, L4S 1L8