Philippians – Understanding “The Gospel of Joy”
Course instructor: Dr. Eric Pennings
Conference dates: January 31 and February 7 from 8:30am to 12:30pm
Conference will be held at:
Grace Canadian Reformed Church, 10301 Creditview Rd. (at Fairhill Ave.) Brampton
A study of the practical implications of the message of Paul’s epistle to the Philippians.
To learn the main message of Philippians in order to apply it to the students’ life and ministry.
Synopsis of the Course:
The book of Philippians is written in the historical context of several other Pauline Epistles. The student will be familiarized with these books during the study of this course. During the course the student will learn concepts of Christian joy that is characterized by and leads us to gratitude, faithfulness, humility, submission, justification, eternal life, peace and sharing.
Explanation of the Course Format:
The course is introduced by a conference that consists of 8 hours of lectures by the professor. The conference is open to anyone for a fee, without committing to the course requirements. Those who register as a student for the course will, in addition to the conference lectures, meet in class for 16 hours of follow-up classes. These follow-up classes can be held in different geographical locations where the number of registered students in the area warrants.
Conference fee – $25 (For conferences only)
Course – level 1 – $70 (Bachelor’s level)
Course – level 2 – $100 (Master’s level)
Auditing the course – $40
Initial application fee to register as a student – $25
Contact for more information and to register: email@example.com
Course Professor: Dr. Eric Pennings
- Ordained minister for 28 years
- Born in Canada and married with four children
- BRE in Bible and Christian Education from Kuyper College (formerly Reformed Bible College) of Grand Rapids, Michigan
- MDiv from Calvin Theological Seminary in Grand Rapids, Michigan
- DMin from Miami International Seminary (MINTS) in Miami, Florida
- Ministry Experience:
- During his studies, he served part time in several churches as well as serving as a missionary in Mexico and Honduras
- After graduation from seminary, he served 8 years with the Christian Reformed World Missions in Costa Rica where he founded a church, directed the Costa Rican Center of Reformed Studies and was a founding member of the Board of the Costa Rican Center for World Mission.
- In 1994 he returned to Canada to pastor a CRC church in Strathroy, Ontario for eight years.
- In 2002 Rev. Pennings served as a missionary among the Sikhs, an Indian immigrant population in Toronto.
- In 2005 he began his ministry with the Miami International Seminary (MINTS) where he has served as Associate Dean for Central America. In March 2015 he will become the International Academic Dean for MINTS.
- In 2011 he received his Doctorate in Ministry with MINTS and is currently a PhD candidate at the same institution.