Joy in Aging
Aging has unique challenges and joys.
Many think of aging with a sense of dread. And yet, mature Christian authors suggest Finishing Our Course with Joy (J.I. Packer) and Aging Joyfully (Timothy Starr). The Bible promises a flourishing life in old age (Psalm 92), even counting all our various trials as joy (James 1; Romans 5). In this course we will consider the promises and possibilities of joyful aging, along with the fears, challenges, and fun of growing older, all in the light of a biblical perspective on aging.
Come and learn to prepare for joyful aging.
“The righteous … flourish in the courts of our God.
They still bear fruit in old age;
they are ever full of sap and green,
to declare that the LORD is upright”
Dr. Tom McCormick, Chaplain: LTC; Retirement Home.
Cathy Clark: Cathy is Manager of the 911 & Emergency Planning Program for the County of Simcoe, serving within the Health & Emergency Services Division. She has an MDiv from Tyndale Seminary, and is active ministering with seniors in her church and community.
Pastor Matthew H. VanLuik, Director Word and Spirit Ministries.
Cathy Clark, MDiv.
This course is the third course out of 8 courses with the option to obtain a Certificate in MINISTRY FOR THE AGING
Audit – There will be a $75 fee for auditing the module.
Certificate Level – There will be a $100 fee for each module.
Bachelors Level – There will be a $125 fee for each module.
Masters Level – There will be a $150 fee for each module.
There will an additional cost for the purchase of required reading material.
The cost will include a light lunch on the day of the conference.
1. Biblical Foundations of Ministries with the Aging (April 2017).
2. Principles and Practices of Spiritual Care for Seniors I (Sept. 2017).
3. Joy in Aging (Dec. 2017).
4. Reaching out: The Church and the Community; Families and Caregivers for Seniors (March 2018).
5. Aging, Stages of Human Development, and Spirituality (Sept. 2018).
6. Reaching out: Institutional settings; Families and Caregivers for Seniors (Dec, 2018).
7. Principles and Practices of Spiritual Care for Seniors II (March 2019).
8. Cultural, Gender, and Religious Diversity; Global Aging (Sept. 2019).
Please e-mail email@example.com to register
or fill out the form on the “contact us” page
scroll down for a map to Bethel church 11251 Bayview Avenue Richmond Hill, ON, L4S 1L8