DUE TO THE CLOSURES AS RESULT OF THE SPREADING CORONA-VIRUS, THE CONFERENCE HAS BEEN POSTPONED TO A LATER DATE. PLEASE CHECK BACK AFTER THE SITUATION STABILIZES.
Principles & Practices of Spiritual Care for Seniors
A look at ‘getting off on the right foot’ as we prepare ourselves to practically respond to & with seniors.
“The righteous … flourish in the courts of our God.
They still bear fruit in old age;
they are ever full of sap and green,
to declare that the LORD is upright”
Dr. Tom McCormick, Chaplain: LTC; Retirement Home.
Lorna Beatty, Chaplain LTC, Palliative Care, Activities Coordinator, Occupational Therapist, MTS (Tyndale), MDiv (Wycliffe College, in progress).
Pastor Matthew H. VanLuik, Director Word and Spirit Ministries.
This course is the second course out of 6 courses with the option to obtain a Certificate in MINISTRY TO THE AGING
Note: courses can be taken as part of the certificate course and/or as individual courses.
Audit – There will be a $100 fee for auditing the module.
Certificate Level – There will be a $150 fee for each module or a one time fee of $750 if registered for the entire certificate program.
Bachelors/Masters Level – Please contact the Word and Spirit Institute for the tuition structure of Bachelors and Masters programs
There will an additional cost for the purchase of required reading material.
The cost will include a light lunch on the day of the conference.
1. Biblical Foundations of Ministries with the Aging
2. Principles and Practices of Spiritual Care for Seniors
3. Reaching out: The Church and the Community; Families and Caregivers for Seniors
4. Aging, Stages of Human Development, and Spirituality
5. Reaching out: Institutional settings; Families and Caregivers for Seniors
6. Cultural, Gender, and Religious Diversity; Global Aging
Please e-mail email@example.com to register
or fill out the form on the “contact us” page