Principles & Practices of Spiritual Care for Seniors: Part 1
A look at ‘getting off on the right foot’ as we prepare ourselves to practically respond to & with seniors.
“The righteous … flourish in the courts of our God.
They still bear fruit in old age;
they are ever full of sap and green,
to declare that the LORD is upright”
Dr. Tom McCormick, Chaplain: LTC; Retirement Home.
Lorna Beatty, Chaplain LTC, Palliative Care, Activities Coordinator, Occupational Therapist, MTS (Tyndale), MDiv (Wycliffe College, in progress).
Pastor Matthew H. VanLuik, Director Word and Spirit Ministries.
This course is the second course out of 8 courses with the option to obtain a Certificate in MINISTRY TO THE AGING
Note: courses can be taken as part of the certificate course and/or as individual courses.
Audit – There will be a $75 fee for auditing the module.
Certificate Level – There will be a $100 fee for each module.
Bachelors Level – There will be a $125 fee for each module.
Masters Level – There will be a $150 fee for each module.
There will an additional cost for the purchase of required reading material.
The cost will include a light lunch on the day of the conference.
1. Biblical Foundations of Ministries with the Aging (April 2017).
2. Principles and Practices of Spiritual Care for Seniors I (Sept. 2017).
3. Joy in Aging (Dec. 2017).
4. Reaching out: The Church and the Community; Families and Caregivers for Seniors (March 2018).
5. Aging, Stages of Human Development, and Spirituality (Sept. 2018).
6. Reaching out: Institutional settings; Families and Caregivers for Seniors (Dec, 2018).
7. Principles and Practices of Spiritual Care for Seniors II (March 2019).
8. Cultural, Gender, and Religious Diversity; Global Aging (Sept. 2019).
Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to register
or fill out the form on the “contact us” page
scroll down for a map to Bethel church 11251 Bayview Avenue Richmond Hill, ON, L4S 1L8