THE CERTIFICATE COURSES WILL BE OFFERED AS TWO 2-3 HOUR ONLINE SESSIONS INSTEAD OF ONE INITIAL CONFERENCE
Part 1: May 15, 2021
Part 2: May 22, 2021
Debriefing Session: June 5, 2021
Course 2: Part 2
Principles & Practices of Spiritual Care for Seniors
Spiritual Care is at the heart of our ministries for and with the aging. In this module we will begin our consideration of the Principles and Practices of Spiritual Care for the Aging. We will consider especially the key biblical principles and practices of Honour, Visitation, and Listening, including the understanding and recognition of spiritual needs. Later, in “Principles and Practices of Spiritual Care for Seniors – II” we will look at two special challenges for the Spiritual Care for the Aging, Dementia and Palliative Care/Death & Dying.
“The righteous … flourish in the courts of our God.
They still bear fruit in old age;
they are ever full of sap and green,
to declare that the LORD is upright”
Dr. Tom McCormick, Chaplain: LTC; Retirement Home.
This course is the second course out of 7 courses with the option to obtain a Certificate in MINISTRY TO THE AGING
There is one fee for the two parts of the Course:
Audit – There will be a $100 fee for auditing the module (a $50 fee for conference attendance only).
Certificate Level – There will be a $150 fee for each module or a one time fee of $750 if registered for the entire certificate program.
Bachelors/Masters Level – Please contact the Word and Spirit Institute for the tuition structure of Bachelors and Masters programs
There will an additional cost for the purchase of required reading material.
- Biblical Foundations of Ministries with the Aging
- Principles and Practices of Spiritual Care for Seniors (I)
- Aging, Stages of Human Development, and Spirituality
- Principles and Practices of Spiritual Care for Seniors (II)
- Reaching out: Institutional settings; Families and Caregivers for Seniors
- Reaching out: The Church and the Community; Families and Caregivers for Seniors
- Cultural, Gender, and Religious Diversity; Global Aging